Found 49 talks archived in The Galaxy
4- The stellar halo of the Galaxy
- more on dark matter in the Galaxy
- chemical tagging and reconstructing the star formation history of the Galactic disk.
4- Analysis "on the fly"
- code testing
3- From star clusters to external galaxies
- basic methods
- age and metallicity distribution functions for different stars,
including main sequence, red clump, RGB, AGB
3- Galactic disk dynamics
3- The thick disk in the context of other disk galaxies
- systematics of thick disks in other galaxies
- chemical, structural and dynamical properties of the Galactic thick disk
- ideas about how thick disks form
3- Setting up equilibrium models
- choosing from a DF, Jeans equations and their limitations
- disk-bulge-halo models
1- Astrometry and photometry
- Hipparcos, Gaia, full-sky and large-area photometric surveys
- fitting models to data
- algorithms and tools
2- More on isochrones
- bolometric corrections and Teff-color relations
- populating isochrones, and the IMF
- simulating star clusters
- simulating apparent and detached binaries
- simulating interacting binaries
2- Stellar orbits and dynamical models
- orbits in various potentials, Jeans Thm, DF models, Schwarzschild, M2M
2- The thin disk.
- observational issues with the star formation history and the dynamical evolution of the thin disk.
- continuing gas accretion
- theoretical ideas about the formation and evolution of the thin disk.
- IAU G5 -- The GALAH survey: science goals and highlights to dateSarah MartellTuesday January 25, 2022 - 10:30 GMT (Online)
- Dynamos, the drivers of solar and stellar activityProf. Axel BrandenburgThursday January 27, 2022 - 10:30 GMT (Online)